I have submitted the Mobile Number Porting request but have yet to receive/collect my VIVIFI SIM. Will porting take place immediately?
No, number porting will only take place after you have received the new VIVIFI SIM and have submitted the Mobile Number Porting request. Number porting will not take place if either one of the above has not been completed.
Why is my mobile number not yet ported over even though my new VIVIFI SIM has already been activated for days?
It could be due to one of the following reasons:
- The Mobile Number Porting request has yet to be submitted.
- There is no porting carried out on weekends, Public Holidays and eve of Public Holidays.
- The mobile number to be ported in could be registered under a different person. Please check that the name listed on the bill issued by the other Telco for the port-in number matches that of the person signing up for the new VIVIFI plan. VIVIFI staff may contact you for verification.
- Mobile number to be ported in could be a Prepaid number. Please note that only Postpaid numbers can be ported in to VIVIFI. VIVIFI staff may contact you for verification.
- The port-in could have been rejected by the other Telco due to eg. outstanding payments/ pending orders with the other Telco. VIVIFI staff may contact you for verification.
How long does it take for the mobile number to be ported over to VIVIFI?
If your VIVIFI SIM has been successfully activated and the Mobile Number Porting request has been submitted with the correct details, it will take 1 to 2 working days for the mobile number to be ported over.
When does Mobile Number Porting process usually take place?
Mobile Number Porting usually takes place between 11pm to 4am, on a working day.
I have a VIVIFI plan subscribed under my name. Can I port in an existing number with another Telco for my VIVIFI plan if the number to be ported in is not registered under my name?
You may port in an existing number with another Telco registered under a different person's name. But please note that you will need to submit the ID details of that person to VIVIFI. For more info, please refer to this guide.
What if I would like to use the VIVIFI number first and port in my number later?
If you have already indicated during the sign-up of your VIVIFI mobile plan that you'll be porting in your existing number, you may log in to your VIVIFI account and click on Manage > Number Porting to submit the Mobile Number Porting request only when you are ready to have your number ported over.
If you already have your VIVIFI number activated and have just decided to port in your number with another Telco, you may log in to your VIVIFI account and click on Manage > Number Change to have your number ported over. Please remember to submit the Mobile Number Porting request as porting can only happen if the request is submitted. Click here for more info on number change.
You are advised to time your port in carefully. Click here for notes on number porting.
What does each status for MNP request mean?
You can view the status of your MNP request by logging in to your VIVIFI account and selecting Manage > Number Porting.
The action you may need to take will be different based on the status. If the status is:
- Not Submitted: You have yet to submit the MNP request and porting cannot take place unless the request has been submitted. Please click on "View" to submit the MNP request.
- Submitted: You have successfully submitted your MNP request. No further action will be required by you unless the port-in fails. Porting will take place only after your new VIVIFI SIM has been collected and activated.
- InProgress: No action required to be taken by you.
- Canceled: Porting has been cancelled upon your request. You may request for port-in again when you are ready by logging in to VIVIFI and selecting Manage > Number Change.
- Failed: Porting has failed and you may need to re-initiate the MNP process again by selecting Manage > Number Change. You will be informed via email if port-in fails.
How can I check if my Mobile Number Porting request has been submitted successfully?
Log in to your VIVIFI account and click on Manage > Number Porting. If the status is indicated as "Submitted", your request has been submitted successfully.
My MNP status was shown as "Submitted" previously. It has now changed to "Failed". Why is that so?
The MNP request could have failed due to the following reasons:
- The number to be ported in is registered under a different name and the details submitted to VIVIFI do not match that in the original Telco's system. Please ensure that the name listed on the bill issued by the other Telco for the port-in number matches that of the person signing up for the new VIVIFI plan.
- Number to be ported in is not a Postpaid number.
If you have provided the correct details and the number to be ported in is a Postpaid number, you are advised to check with your existing Telco on why the porting was rejected.
My MNP status is now showing as "Failed". What do I do next?
If your previous MNP request failed due to eg. wrong details being submitted or if you have contacted your existing Telco to resolve the outstanding issue, you may trigger the MNP request again by logging in to your VIVIFI account and selecting Manage > Number Change.
Please remember to submit the Mobile Number Porting request as porting can only happen if the request is submitted. Click here for more info on number change.
I want to port in my existing corporate number to VIVIFI. How do I port in my number?
For porting in of corporate numbers, please refer to this guide.
I have submitted my Mobile Number Porting request and my SIM with the other Telco is no longer receiving any signal. What should I do next?
Swap out your existing Telco's SIM card when there is no mobile signal, which indicates that porting has been completed. At this point, your VIVIFI temporary number will be switched to your port-in number.
- Insert your VIVIFI SIM card.
- Reboot your mobile phone.
- Select Singtel(Postpaid), if there is a prompt on your device.