How will I be notified if my mobile number cannot be ported over successfully?
You will receive an email from your mobile number cannot be ported in successfully. The email will include the possible reason on why porting failed.
Reasons why porting could have failed
(1) Ownership of the number - The mobile number to be ported in could be registered under a different person. Please check the name listed on the bill issued by the other Telco for the port-in number, and fill in the correct details when submitting the Mobile Number Porting request to VIVIFI.
Resolution : Re-initiate a porting request by providing the correct name and NRIC/ID in the number porting form as shown below. Please note that this step will also transfer the ownership of the number to your name and NRIC/ID. Please seek an agreement with the existing owner of the number.
(2) Prepaid Number - Mobile number to be ported in could be a Prepaid number. Please note that only Postpaid numbers can be ported in to VIVIFI.
Resolution : You will first need to contact your existing telco to convert your prepaid number to a postpaid number. After that re-initiate a porting request. Alternatively, you can use the assigned VIVIFI number as your new Postpaid number.
(3) Other reasons : The port-in could have been rejected by your existing Telco due to eg. outstanding payments/ pending orders / forgotten who is the owner of the number with your existing Telco.
Resolution : Contact your existing Telco to have your number released for porting out with the correct name and NRIC/ID. After that, re-initiate a porting request.
How to re-initiate a porting request ?
(1) Log in to your VIVIFI account and selecting Manage > Number Change, and complete the form.
Click here for more info on number change.
(2) Select Manage > Number Porting and click on "View" to proceed with the number porting submission
Please email email@example.com if you need further assistance.