Before you travel,
Step 1. Make sure your Global Roaming option is turned ON.
- Log in to your VIVIFI account, select Manage > Roaming.
- If the Global Roaming option is turned off, please turn it on. Otherwise, you will not get any mobile signal in the foreign country.
- Global Roaming has to be enabled in order to register onto the foreign operator network.
- Once registered onto the foreign operator network, you will be able to use voice and SMS, which will be chargeable at roaming rates. Click here for rates.
- You will also be able to use roaming data if you have already purchased VIVIFI Go data roaming pack. Click here for available VIVIFI Go roaming packs.
Step 2. Visit the link below and note down our roaming partners in the country to travel.
Step 3. If you intend to use Mobile Data when travelling, please purchase a data roaming pack on the day of travel.
VIVIFI Go packs will be activated immediately upon purchase.
- Log in to your VIVIFI account, select Manage > Roaming. Click here for a detailed guide on VIVIFI Go purchase.
- Here's the link to VIVIFI Data Roaming : https://www.vivifi.me/data-roam/
At the foreign destination,
Step 1. Please boot up your phone and wait for mobile signal.
- if there is no mobile signal, please try to manually select.
iPhone: Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection
Android: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators
- Otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2. If you have purchased a data roaming pack,
- please help to check that you are using our roaming partner network.
- Click here for Roaming Partners
- please help to make sure your mobile data and roaming data on your phone are turned on.
iPhone: Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Data Roaming
Android: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming
No mobile signal
- please email email@example.com with the following screenshot.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How can I continue using my mobile service overseas?
If you would like to roam overseas and continue making/receiving calls or send/receive SMS to/from a local number in the country that you are visiting, log in to your VIVIFI account, select Manage > Roaming. Check that Global Roaming is turned on for the mobile number that you would like to use overseas.
Will there be any charges imposed for turning on Global Roaming option?
No charges will be incurred to turn on Global Roaming. You will also not be charged for receiving SMS overseas. However, if you do make/receive calls or send SMS to a local number overseas, charging will be on pay-per-use basis. Please visit this page for more info on roaming charges.
Can I also use data overseas by simply turning on the Roaming option?
To use data overseas, you will also need to purchase VIVIFI Go roaming packs. Simply log in to your VIVIFI account, select Manage > Roaming and purchase a data pack for the country that you will be visiting. Click here for a detailed guide on VIVIFI Go purchase. Please note that the data pack will be activated immediately upon purchase. Click here for more info on VIVIFI Go data packs available.
Will I need a different SIM if I would like to use roaming overseas?
You may use the existing VIVIFI SIM for roaming. No special SIM is required.
I have subscribed to VIVIFI Share plan. If I activate Global Roaming and purchase a roaming data pack for my main VIVIFI Me line, can all the VIVIFI Us lines under the Share account roam overseas?
If you have activated Global Roaming and purchased a roaming data pack for the main VIVIFI Me line, only the main line will be able to roam overseas. If you would like to roam using your VIVIFI Us line, you will need to activate Global Roaming and/or purchase a roaming data pack for that specific VIVIFI Us line that you will be using.
I have purchased a VIVIFI Go data roaming pack. How can I check the amount of data used?
I have enabled VIVIFI's Global Roaming option. But I am still unable to get any service overseas. What should I do?
Please check if you are able to register on VIVIFI's preferred partner network in the country that you are in. You should see the signal bar on the top left or right corner of your device.
If you still unable to register on the network, please try rebooting your device or turn on the airplane mode and turn it off again after 5 minutes.
If it is not registered automatically, please try the manual selection of network on your device (eg. Device Settings > Connections > Network). Click here for the list of preferred partners for roaming.
For data usage, please also ensure that the mobile data usage option on your device has been enabled.
I have tried rebooting my device, turning on and off the airplane mode and manually selecting the network but I am still unable to roam. What can I do?
Please contact VIVIFI at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue that you are facing and the country that you are in. Kindly include a screenshot of the signal bar and network operator selected on your device. Please see below for example.